The Community and Marketing Manager is a new position for Innovation PortAL (IP), a startup incubator for Mobile, Alabama, and the 8 counties of Southwest Alabama. This position is responsible for overseeing the development and execution of marketing programs and community engagement programs for IP. The position reports directly to the Director of Operations.
ABOUT INNOVATION PORTAL
Innovation PortAL (IP) is a nonprofit innovation and entrepreneurial hub accelerating startup growth in Mobile, Alabama and the central Gulf Coast through targeted programming, funding opportunities, networking and community events. IP provides entrepreneurs access to expertise, resources and funding, allowing them to rapidly scale their ventures to regional, national and international markets.
Communications + Marketing:
Develops and executes marketing programs for Innovation PortAL
- Social Media and Digital Marketing: Curate content and create posts across four primary social media platforms (LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter); manage digital marketing campaigns including paid search and social media advertising.
- Point of Contact: Be the initial point of contact on behalf of IP by managing email@example.com email address as well as the publicly listed phone number
- Newsletter + Calendar: Curate content for, draft, and distribute CoastAL Startup Newsletter
- Oversee IP contact database in MailChimp
- Manage the CoastAL Startup Calendar
- Website: Manage IP’s community facing website
- Oversee website inquiries
- Update IP website in WordPress when necessary
- Design: Perform miscellaneous design tasks for the organization, such as social media posts, one-page summaries, and startup resource summaries
Manages the calendar and logistics for all community outreach events for Innovation PortAL
- Startup Weekend Mobile: Serve as a lead planner/organizer of Startup Weekend Mobile
- Growth Notes: Organize and execute IP’s monthly entrepreneurial gathering, Growth Notes
- Building Events: Develop and execute events and programming to activate IP’s building, such as lunch & learns, guest speakers, happy hours, and more.
Once the entrepreneurial center is open at 358 St. Louis Street, manage the overall building operations
- Building Operations: Oversee day-to-day building operations, such as building maintenance, tenant management software, and opening/closing tasks.
- Front of House: Serve as “front of house” for Innovation PortAL at 358 St. Louis St.
For this public-facing role, Innovation PortAL is seeking an independent, dynamic individual with a track record for producing quality results with minimal supervision. The ideal candidate will possess the following professional and personal qualities:
- At least one year experience in a professional setting
- Bachelor’s degree; marketing or business degree preferred, but not required
- Familiarity with digital marketing and social media
- You must be able to demonstrate a track record where you accomplished tasks of a high quality with minimal supervision
- Incredibly high level of interest in being part of a startup, helping startups, and entrepreneurship
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people; strong record of teamwork
- Strong organizational abilities
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including experience speaking publicly in diverse forums
- Proven ability to work in culturally and ethnically diverse environments
Compensation commensurate with experience and other qualifications. Quality benefits package includes health and PTO.
Email cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org