Shipshape Urban Farms
Shipshape Urban Farms is hiring an Account Manager to create long-term, trusting relationships with our customers. The Account Manager’s role is to oversee a portfolio of assigned customers, develop new business from existing clients, provide post-sale customer service and actively seek new sales opportunities.
Shipshape Urban Farms (SUF), is a hydroponic farming corporation, providing fresh local produce to consumers along the Gulf Coast with strategies to expand into new markets through the sale of patent pending, hydroponic Container Gardens. Shipshape’s hydroponic “Container Gardens” are unique in design and layout, growing healthier plants in larger quantities, in a reduced footprint versus conventional farming. The technology is supported by the agri-scientists, designers, and computer scientists that perform ongoing R&D on new crops and methods of production. Hydroponics is the process of growing plants in nutrient rich water without soil. The Container Gardens are built in a 320 square foot up-cycled, high cube shipping container and produce the equivalent of a 3.4 acre farm (148,104 Sq Ft) in an enclosed environment. This system eliminates seasonal and environmental pressures, allowing SUF to grow consistent produce year round that is larger and healthier in a reduced grow cycle.
Account Manager Responsibilities:
- Serve as the lead point of contact for all customer account management matters
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships
- Be familiar and be able to apply “Strategic Selling” skills
- Negotiate contracts and close agreements to make Container Sales
- Develop trusted relationships with key accounts, customer stakeholders and evangelists
- Clearly communicate the progress at weekly meetings with Sales team (30/60/90)
- Develop new business with existing clients and/or identify customer needs.
- Collaborate with sales team and other colleagues to identify and grow opportunities
- Proven work experience as an Account Manager, Key Account Manager, Sales Account Manager, Junior Account Manager or relevant role
- Team player
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including executive and C-level
- Experience with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce, Zoho CRM or HubSpot) and Google Suite of products
- Proven ability to juggle multiple account management projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- BA/BS degree in Business Administration or relevant field
- Base salary